Tuesday, June 16, 2015

One Month!

I'm not sure how it's possible that our daughter is a month old, but she is! What better way to celebrate her first month of life than by sharing some things about her with everyone? We get a lot of the same questions about her when we go places, so I'll just answer all those questions here just in case anyone out there is wondering.

-Is she a good baby? 
Of course! She's the best baby. She's perfect! (Don't all parents think this?) Seriously, though, she's content 95% of the time. Only fussy when she's hungry. (Wonder where she got that? Hah!)

-Does she sleep at night? 
Yep! She generally wakes up at around 2:00 and 5:00, and then sleeps until about 7:30 or 8:00. (Give or take an hour or so on either side of all the times.) When she wakes up, we feed her, change her diaper, and she goes right back to sleep.

-Does Daddy help Mommy with night time when she's awake? 
Of course! I normally get up with her when she gets up at 2:00, and if I have to pump, he feeds her while I pump, and then he changes her diaper. Sometimes, I'll get up at 2:00 and he'll get up at 5:00 with her. Varies night to night, but he always helps somehow.

-Look at all that hair! Did you have heart burn? 
Only when I ate cheddar peppers from Sonic. Once I figured out those were giving me heart burn, I stopped eating them and didn't have any more heart burn. (Ironically, I've been having heartburn something fierce lately.)

-She's so tiny! How much does she weigh? 
Born at 8 pounds, 3 ounces. Last weight check (when she was 3 weeks old) she was 8 pounds, 8 ounces.

-How long is she?
Born at 19.5 inches. Last check up (when she was 2 weeks old) was 20 and 3/4.

-Is she eating well? 
Yes and No. Hah! She nurses when she wants, not when I want her to (despite many meltdowns). She'll nurse when she wants, so then I pump. We give her what I've pumped as well as formula. It took us a few weeks to find the kind of formula that doesn't make her projectile vomit or have crazy painful constipation (those were sad days, she was so pitiful.) When she eats a bottle, she eats it like someone is going to come and take it away from her. (Again, not sure where she got that. Hah!) She's currently transitioning between 2 ounces and 3 ounces. She's somewhere in between there, depending on the day.

-Does she focus when she looks at you yet? 
Sometimes. She was the other day when James was playing 'got your nose' with her. She even let out what we think was her first intentional smile.

-Does she have dimples? 
Not sure yet. Hah!

-You're not proud at all, are you?
Only the most proud we've ever been!





A few confessions:
-I may or may not have shed a few tears this morning that Olivia is already 1/12 of a year old. Haha!

-Burp cloths make good napkins. Not that I'm too lazy to get up for a napkin for myself when I'm feeding her or anything.

-James clips her nails because I'm afraid I'll hurt her.

-I take longer than James to do diaper changes because it distracts me when she cries. I spend half the time consoling her instead of just getting it done.

-I'm only just now comfortable bathing her by myself. Hah!

Happy One Month of Birth, Olivia Claire! We love you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment